Monday, June 8, 2015

Garlic Shrimp with Zoodles

During the Whole Life Challenge I eliminate a lot of foods from my diet. With no grains, starches, dairy, etc. it can seem like my food will be boring and tasteless. However, it was because I gave up all those things that I have been able to actually taste the foods. A few fresh, organic ingredients prepared simply = a great tasting meal.

This was tonight's dinner.


garlic shrimp with zucchini noodles (zoodles) 




Ingredients:
3 zucchini, spiralized
600 g shrimp
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon of red chili flakes (optional)
1/4 cup of parsley leaves (optional)
salt to taste

Directions:
1. Heat a pan, then add 1 tablespoon of EVOO
2. Saute the garlic in the oil until lightly colored
3. Add the shrimp to the garlic, saute for 3-5 minutes until tender and then remove the shrimp from the pan
4. Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the same pan and then add the zoodles. Cook for about 5 minutes, until tender but a little crispy. Add the salt.
5. Add the shrimps back to the pan and combine well
6. Add the chili flakes and parsley if using

Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. Looks a great tasting and low carb plate of food to me.

    Delicious

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks a great tasting and low carb plate of food to me.

    Delicious

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks fantastic! I really need to learn how to do the zucchini noodles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zucchini noodles are cool. I take "spaghetti" made with zucchini noodles to my TOPS picnic each summer. People love it!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never had zoodles..doubt I'm there yet lol. But, it looks yum. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)