Sunday, June 2, 2013

Is It Working? (Part II)


Eat Less, Move More – or one of my favorite fitness catch phrases, Eat Clean, Train Dirty.

Actually, the fitness catch phrase works better for me because I have been eating less and moving more – but my food can always be cleaner and my training can definitely be dirtier.

I’m doing the motions, but am I just going through them? Am I really pushing hard enough?

It may seem like I’m being tough on myself, but I have to be. I don’t deny that I have made progress and that my lifestyle has changed in a positive way, but once again, I’m stuck. I know that in order to get ‘un-stuck’ I have to keep reevaluating and be extra careful with what I’m eating and how I’m exercising.

This is the extra bit that I’m not doing – or at least not doing in a consistent manner . I’ve written before that being busy/feeling frantic seem to be my norms. I’m working on tackling those underlying issues. I can’t expect long-term results if I don’t change the underlying problems.

However, in the past I’d spend loads of time just planning and planning with not as much action to follow the planning. That combined with my regular life frantic schedule – travel, family visits, work – made me focus on just getting the work done. Just make sure I eat right and workout how ever/whenever I can.

This plan of – Just do it – has been working, but not as well as I’d like it to.

I seem to be gaining and losing the same 2 kg over and over again. I’m annoyed because I did believe that I was doing the best I could do (in many ways I do believe that still) however, I need to find a way to do better.

I know that I want to lose weight. My goal weight is in sight. I’m not in a rush (e.g. crash diet) to hit that number. I want to do it right and I want the weight to STAY OFF once I reach my goal.

Summer vacation, a time when I have no work, would appear to be the best time to work hard to reach this goal. However, as I mentioned in my previous post, not having structure is killer for me. Add travel to that, and it feels like chaos.

At the same time, I love to travel and I’m lucky that I’m able to do so. I just need to find a way to figure out a better way of how to work in my fitness into my travel.

So the answer to: Is it working?

For maintenance: Yes.
For weight loss: No.

I think it’s time to go back to the drawing board.





1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:28 AM

    Hi !
    Nice article, thank you for putting up such
    an helpful and interesting information on your blog.

    Also visit my blog post :: superman stamina techniques

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)