Thursday, January 8, 2015

A Slow Start

Although I was on the mats for Jiu-Jitsu on the 3rd, yesterday (7th) was my first day back at the gym. The year has definitely gotten off to a slow start for me, and I'm still not feeling 100%. Being out of sync with a regular routine is always a struggle for me. I know all I need to do is just get back into it -- no excuses, no delay, just go for it ... but some days it's easier said than done.

In any case, yesterday ended up being a pure cardio day, kinda warming up my muscles, getting used to moving again, and testing out my lungs post-bronchitis. I felt a bit breathless but nonetheless, at least I took my first step (first 5 km of steps) into working on my fitness aside from Jiu-Jitsu.

My food has definitely been coming back on track. Whole Life Challenge meals have re-entered the rotation and I'm getting ready for the new challenge, which begins on January 17th.

If you want to read more about the challenge, you can read this blog post of mine: http://plumpetalsfitwlc.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/getting-ready-for-january-2015s-wlc.html

If you want to join my team, register using this link: http://www.whole.lc/wlcny15/t/plumpetals-fit--2/join

I think the WLC is the perfect way to begin the year and help keep me focused on my goals for the year. Aside from the challenge aspect of it, I think it's a great time to experiment with different ways of eating. You won't know how much you're capable of unless you try.


4 comments:

  1. You do JIU-JITSU!!! That's so insanely coooool!!!!! I do too, love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! :) I've started a Jiu-Jitsu blog ... do check it out if you're interested http://jitzchick.blogspot.co.uk/

      Delete
  2. Glad you are on the mend! I haven't made it back to the gym yet. Tomorrow. I can't believe how this stupid cold has just sucked the life out of me....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can totally relate -- I'm still not 100% and it is so frustrating. Hope you feel better soon!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)