Monday, January 13, 2014

Happy

It's day 6 in Bangladesh and things are going great. The first two days had me a bit alarmed because I had to visit family members who I hadn't seen in so long -- and the way we celebrate is through food.

Lots of food.

Rich food.

And to make it worse, delicious, delicious food. Our family has been blessed (cursed) with the talent of being amazing cooks.

I ate a lot more than I thought I would, but I also enjoyed the food a LOT more than I thought I would.

It felt like I was home.

However, after 2 days, I was done.

The Whole Life Challenge started, and I was determined to stay on track as much as possible. My mom has totally been my hero helping me stay on track -- cooking me separate food, making sure I have everything I need, and most importantly, having my back when it comes to defending my food choices. It's been a relief.

I'm on Day 3 of the challenge and it's all going well.

4 comments:

  1. How great that your mom is helping you in your challenge. I know I would be happy too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's wonderful that your mom is supporting yo, good luck keeping up with the challenge during your stay in Bangladesh

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that your mom is on board!!! It can be so hard to stay on plan while visiting or if your family doesn't 'get' it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mom is quite unusual and special! It took me a lot of years of "no" before my mom accepted it :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)