Monday, March 24, 2014

Crash

On Friday night, I had my first real car accident. I had been in accidents before, but all of them were minor and I was the one who was hit (most often while I was waiting at a stop sign/traffic light or stuck in a traffic jam. This is the first time that I collided with another car.

It was scary to say the least.

Thankfully everyone was fine; waiting for the police and having the paperwork for the insurance done wasn't too painful. There is damage to each of our cars (hers more than mine, after all, I drive a Hummer), but it's not too bad at all.

The only thing that has been lingering for me is the sound of the crash. I just can't get it out of my head. It's been haunting me as I've been driving. Plus, I'm hesitant on the road now. Normally I'm a confident (and I believe very good) driver. Now, I'm extra cautious -- which isn't a bad thing. I just wish it wasn't fear that was behind the cautiousness.

Although I am still quite distressed over the whole incident, I have to remind myself that everything is ok. Nothing terrible happened. The most important thing is that everyone is fine.

I'm trying not to let my thoughts spiral out of control with 'what if' scenarios. The incident is over. The 'what ifs' didn't happen nor are they going to happen.

It's over. We're all fine.

Onward and upward, right?


5 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear! I have SUCH driving anxiety! I've only been in one accident when I was driving (and the other driver got the ticket) but it was a little hard to get back behind the wheel, especially going through that same intersection again. I'm sure time will help it to fade for you ... glad you are all right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear youre ok!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scary! I'm happy to read you're not hurt.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)