Thursday, October 16, 2014

Fulfilling Wishes

It's October 16, 2014.

It's been many days since I've posted. I have been sick for the past 2 weeks and busy in between with many new exciting things.

First of all, this stupid flu/bronchitis is still lingering. I am getting better, but I have yet to have a cough-free day. It is SO annoying! At least I slept well last night - that was refreshing.

The illness has slowed down my activities big time. I barely moved for a couple of days and for the others I did the mildest forms of exercise and stretching. I went to Jiu-Jitsu class for the first time last Friday and went to the gym for the first time in 2 weeks yesterday ... so it's been slow.

Nutritionally, I've been doing well. Being on the Whole Life Challenge has helped me with this a lot (you can read about my progress here).

I did have one day of indulgence on my birthday, but what was interesting was that being off sugar and processed foods, grains, dairy etc. for 5 weeks really changed my taste as well as my cravings. Initially I thought I was going to go crazy eating and indulging, but it ended up being a much more controlled (by choice) day -- and that was actually very satisfying.

I am definitely starting to find my feet in terms of settling down in London. The house is coming together. My training schedule, even though slightly off right now due to my illness, is pretty much set. I've got my menus and meal planning pretty much down. It's looking good.

In addition to that, I achieved my first big goal, which was to earn my Blue Belt in Jiu-Jitsu!!! I trained really hard, so when I got my results of my test (evaluated by video through the Gracie Academy in Torrance, California) I was over the moon!



It was the highlight of my birthday celebrations :)

Another year older and I couldn't have felt younger or happier!

I'm looking forward to another year of adventures! Stay tuned :)

5 comments:

  1. Wishing you a belated happy birthday and a big congrats on your blue belt in Jiu-Jitsu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Ayesha :) that's an amazing way to start a new year of your life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy bleated birthday and congrats on the blue belt!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)