Friday, November 28, 2014

Friday Five - Happy Thanksgiving!

It's been another busy, busy week.

I spent 4 days down in central London. Even though I live in London, staying central as a bit of a holiday treat was lovely -- not having to worry about taking the tube back home and lugging all the shopping at the end of a day of endless walking! I had a blast - a reunion with some friends I hadn't seen in 4 years, lovely dinners out, enjoying the Christmas lights (though I really didn't want to think about Christmas until after Thanksgiving), and just the general vibe of the city. Despite being gone for such a short time and to such a short distance away, the disruption to my routine had an impact ... and it was a struggle to find my footing after getting home.

1. Celebrating with D at Fortnum & Mason



2. I loved this hat from Hunter -- though I was advised against it, particularly near banks


3. I can be such a tourist! I spotted a couple of Paddington bears around London -- and of course I had to get a photo!


4. Reunited with friends -- had a fab night and terrific meal at Kettner's -- I highly recommend the restaurant - everything was delicious!! 



5. After being off my game for the 4 days in London, I was more than happy to create a clean Thanksgiving meal -- cajun crusted turkey breast over parsnip puree along with roasted sweet potatoes and steamed string beans and carrots. It was filling and delicious (and I woke up the next morning weighing 1/2 a pound less!! I was thankful for having eaten a light meal!) :) 


I've actually got a big Thanksgiving feast planned for this coming weekend ... I'm hoping I can be just as disciplined, particularly around the desserts. Will try to focus on the company and not the food! 

3 comments:

  1. Glad you had such a wonderful time! That really is what it's all about...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) It was a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. Glad to see living in England is working out so well for you, Ayesha!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)