Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Saying Goodbye and Saying Hello

The past few months have been a total blur. So much has been going on in my life, but I'm happy to say that it's all been going well.

After living in Kuwait for the past 14 years (and for 27 years in total), I finally packed up my bags for my big move to London.

Aside from being very stressful, hectic, and emotional, I ended my time in Kuwait on a high note -- here are a few pix of my last few weeks in the country I called 'home' for most of my life.


Emptying my gym locker and returning the keys felt so strange! 


My final workout at the gym -- I was still really sore from my last Kajukenbo class so I ended with 10 km on the cross trainer.


Saying goodbye to my Hummer was hard!! I loved every minute of driving it! 


I had a lovely farewell do at work -- can't believe I worked there for 14 years! 


Certificate of appreciation from Kuwait University








Lots of farewell gatherings -- I'm so happy that I'm smiling in these photos as they really were wonderful times. Many of these pictures were followed by hugs and tears, but it's all because of the great love I have for my friends. 


Now here I am in my new home -- Hello London!

5 comments:

  1. Sorry if I missed it in a previous post, will you be teaching in England?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet - I'm working on some research projects for the time being :)

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed reading this! You have so many people that care about you at home, and now you will find wonderful new friends in your new home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a bittersweet time -- the goodbyes were hard, but the loving hugs were wonderful :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)