Friday, June 6, 2014

Stop the Freak Out

I've been meeting up with a few friends here and one question that they've all asked me is: Have you found a place to train yet?

The answer is No.

There is a small training place close to my house - it's got everything I need, a free weights area, some HIIT/CrossFit style classes, and a few cardio machines. It's conveniently located and it is affordable. Most likely I will be joining them very soon. The only reason I haven't done so is because I've been a bit disorganized with my time. The move has kept me very busy - and the furniture delivery has kept me relatively housebound. Still, things are falling into place so I really don't have an excuse not to join and start really burning those calories. All the walking has been great, and I totally see a difference in my legs, but I know the lack of resistance training and really pushing myself with regular intense workouts is having an impact on my overall flab factor! I need to change that.

One thing that I have noticed is that I haven't freaked out about not going to the gym. In the past I would be so obsessed with my schedule and making sure that all the timing and planning falls together perfectly that I would often overwhelm myself to the point where nothing really happened.

The biggest lesson that I learned with my fitness was just learning to let go. If you've been reading my blog for the past year or so, you know that there's been a lot going on. I've accepted that my life is chaotic and things always come up -- that is my norm. So, the only choice I have is to go with the flow. Accepting that reality has made such a big difference.

I've come to realize that being healthy doesn't depend on a certain time, place, or circumstance.

You're either making a healthy decision or you're not. The choice is mine and the consequences are mine. I understand and accept that the choices I make will have an impact on my health/my weight/my life.

The bottom line is that I will not freak out.

I am confident that I have developed a healthy lifestyle. I am ok in knowing that I still have work to do. I realize that I have to deal with life on a day to day basis. Taking it one step at a time has been so helpful. It keeps me from being overwhelmed and losing focus on the bigger picture.


2 comments:

  1. You like adventure :) Sign up for the Spartan Sprint in South London on August 30th OR the Spartan Beast October 11th in South London.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestions Marc!! :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)