Friday, September 5, 2014

Finally!!!

By the end of BJJ class last night, I was feeling totally spent. The previous days of training had caught up to me. All wanted to was to get a good night's sleep.

I may not have slept for long, but I did sleep soundly, and I was ready to get up and go when my alarm went off at 5 a.m.

I already had my gym bags (yes, bags) packed, my clothes had been laid out -- I just had to eat a little something (a small salmon burger - just the patty that I made yesterday with nothing else and half a cup of green tea plus my vitamins), get ready, and head out the door.

Then came my first big challenge -- my first solo drive in London!

I took lessons to drive on the 'other' side and I've driven around a bit with D in the car with me ... but this was the first time I was going out on my own. Luckily, at 6 a.m. the roads are quite clear, so I got to my destination without any problems. Yay!

So what got me out of bed so early in the morning?

Muay Thai training!

I was so happy to finally be able to make it to a class. I have been missing it so much, and I really felt like it was what has been missing from my routine.

The class was great! The people were friendly and welcoming. The workouts was challenging and fun. I worked up a great sweat and boy did it feel great to hit pads after such a long time. Yes, I was definitely happy.

After Muay Thai there was a yoga class, so I attended that. I was told that on Fridays they focused on flexibility -- that perfect for me. I haven't properly done a yoga class since October. Boy was I stiff! I tried my best with the poses. It felt so good to stretch out -- definitely something very necessary in my fitness routine. I'm excited to track my progress over the upcoming sessions.

My second big challenge was getting back home! I left the martial arts center at around 8:45, so it was kind of rush hour. There were so many more cars on the road. There were a few tense moments (roundabouts and narrow roads with cars coming from the opposite direction as well), but I survived (as did the other drivers on the road) :)

I entered the house sweaty and grinning from ear to ear -- now that's the way I like to start the day!!


my Hayabusa bag and equipment all ready to be taken out the door

2 comments:

  1. You are brave for re- learning how to drive in London (on the left hand side), and in the largest city in England with over 13 million. Much respect here as I would use mass transit as I'm afraid my driving habits are pretty ingrained and it would be safer for all if I wasn't behind the wheel over there. You are doing awesome, as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I took lessons after coming here, because I knew it would take some time to shift my perspective. Luckily I'm not in central, central London so it's not as crowded - but come rush hour, there sure are a lot of cars out there! One more thing I could accomplish here :) Yay!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)