Monday, September 8, 2014

Settling Down

This past weekend felt very hectic for me. Although I was very productive, I didn't feel like I had much of a chance to relax and rest -- and boy, after the week of training I had, I definitely needed the rest. I had a few aches that resurfaced and I wasn't too happy about feeling my knee pain resurface ... gotta get back to doing my physio. I shouldn't have slacked on that so much.

In any case, I definitely feel like this is the first week that I actually have a proper schedule. I used to be teased in Kuwait that I had a membership to at least 3 gyms/training centers (I think at one point it was 4) at the same time while some people can barely keep up with one. Well, it seems like 3 training centers is what is in my English future as well. I've officially joined the martial arts school for both Muay Thai and Yoga; I've got the Jiujitsu classes, and of course I've got the gym where I'm doing weights and MetaFit.

I know it sounds like a lot, but they actually all really compliment each other. I do the MetaFit classes right after doing my weights, so a good dose of HIIT after lifting. As I've probably mentioned before, I need to build my strength and cardio endurance in order to do well in my MMA training ... and yoga is the perfect way to stretch out after all those classes.

At first when I looked at my schedule, I felt like I needed to add something to my Monday routine since I didn't have any classes scheduled.

Now that I've gotten through the day, I have to say - Thank Goodness!!!

Monday is definitely a recovery day for me. A bit of stretching and walking is good enough for me. It gives me a chance to get some errands done, get my food prep done, and work on my research, which I have totally been procrastinating with!

So, things are falling into place and that makes me really happy.

I spent quite a bit of time getting my menu prepared for the Whole Life Challenge. I can't wait for it to begin. I'm definitely ready to get back into a more disciplined routine. There's still time to join my team if you're interested. You can read about it here and you can check out that blog in general for tips on working towards getting yourself ready for the challenge. With all those holiday celebrations coming up  and 2015 right around the corner, this challenge comes at the perfect time to help refocus and push forward to achieve all those new years goals that were set on Jan. 1st. Time is flying -- gotta end the year on a high note (and lower weight)!


2 comments:

  1. I think the amount of training you have planned for yourself is impressive. I don't think I could do this. I have two gym memberships - one for the Krav Maga classes (which I could not attend for six months :/ ) and one "normal" gym I joined since it costs only 15 Euro a month and I couldn't got to the other one. But I let that slide in the last month *sigh*. I wish I was more organised.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the luxury of time at the moment so I'm taking full advantage of it! I've made a schedule for myself so it helps me stay on track.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)