Thursday, March 14, 2013

Here We Go




I woke up at 4 a.m. in order to get my mobilization and workout done to meet my Whole Life Challenge daily requirement. I know it sounds obsessive, but to me, it was definitely dedication. I have no idea how things are going to go in terms of me staying on track with the Whole Life Challenge, but I know that I'll do my best. My updates on the WLC haven't been as consistent as it was the first time around, but I have still been tracking my food and my workouts. You can read about it here if you'd like.

So I worked out and showered this morning, not rushing, but definitely moving quickly because I was leaving for the airport at 6 a.m. As I was getting ready, I got an email saying that my flight was delayed by 2 hours. Normally I would not panic. It's inconvenient, but there's really nothing I could do about it (I don't get people who get angry at airport/airline personnel - there's nothing that can be done to bring the plane in faster!!) anyway. The only reason I did feel panicked this morning was because I only had a 1 hour layover ... which means that I would miss my connecting flight out of London. I was not happy about that at all. It was already bad enough that I would be arriving at my destination at 11:30 p.m. (new city, late night - not a good combination) but now ... what was going to happen?

Anyway. Everything got sorted out at the airport. I've been rerouted and the connections are not bad. I am arriving later than originally planned, but still, I'll get to where I need to be (and hopefully I'll get there safely).

If I take into consideration check-in time, transit time, and flying time, my journey involves 28 hours of travel (not including immigration, getting my luggage, and getting to the hotel). Ya, it's going to be an exhausting day! \

Hopefully I'll get a chance to blog over the next few days, but just in case I'll have a few posts scheduled.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I get exhausted just traveling from Mississippi to Arizona which takes most of a day. I hope you can sleep on the plane and have a safe trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...jet lag. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS: I love the poster at the beginning. So true. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. IN med school I often had to work out at 4 to 5 in the morning! Amazing TV on at that time, lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)