Challenge for the Week: Eat Vegetarian (can eat fish)
As I said last week, this was a breeze for me because I don't eat chicken/meat anyway. Four years ago I woke up on Thanksgiving morning and decided - I don't want to eat meat anymore. I went ahead and cooked my 28 lb. turkey and I still prepare meat dishes for friends and family, but I don't partake. So, definitely a success for me!
1. Not to let the stress of not having a fixed routine get me down and lead to bingeing -
This week, I accepted all that was going on around me. I realized that making the most of the last few days with my family were more important than anything else. Food wise, this week wasn't perfect. There were a few off plan meals and there were definitely more sweet treats this week than I would have liked, but no bingeing.
2. Do at least 5 workouts - I didn't workout at all! Aside from one day when I did a few exercises at home, my week just consisted of running around doing errands and a whole lot of packing! Not exercising for a week isn't normal for me, so I'm not too worried about this though it feels terrible and embarrassing to write!
3. Back to tracking - I did take note of what I was eating, but I know that's not enough. I've got to write my foods down along with their nutritional breakdown. This was also a fail for this week :(
4. Keep my weight loss goal in mind - Weight loss is ALWAYS on my mind -- but having this as a goal is mainly to remind me to stay vigilant and remind myself, if I want to fit into that dress, I've got to make sure I make good choices. The only person I'm going to hurt by not working hard towards my goals is myself. I find it easier said than done. I don't know why; it just is ... but I'm trying to keep my focus and make sure my actions reflect my desires.
Weight update - gained 1.5 lbs! :(
Fat% - down 1% (perhaps the weight gained = muscle gain?)
Measurement update - mostly the same; a few tiny, tiny changes in some places like my neck and arm ... but the biggest change? 2.5 inches lost around my waist! I'm very happy with that!!
This week's goals
I've got exactly 1 week until I travel to Italy (though my visa hasn't come through yet, so I hope I do make the trip!) so there's a lot I need to do before then.
Challenge for the week - Commit to and sign up for a 5K - I've never done a 5K, but I've already signed up for a 10K that'll be held in October. I can't even run 5K at the moment, so working up to doing 10K is a mega-challenge!!
Personal goals -
1. Get my errands done - tons to do and not much time; going to make my final list today
2. Make a plan for my holiday to help me stay on track and not gain weight (in the land of pizza and pasta ... yikes!)
3. Get at least 5 workouts in & finish Week 3 of C25K!
4. Find a way to stay positive or at least a strategy to help me overcome those moments of negativity and pessimism