I didn't get around to blogging yesterday. I was so wiped out by the end of the day that I barely made it off the couch and into bed!
So here's a brief summary of what I've been up to:
Here's what I did:
- cardio warm-up (just a 1 km jog)
- weights almost 1 1/2 hours -- focus was 4 sets of 10 reps. I increased my weights with each set (except for the step-ups) and was pleased with my performance
- sat poolside for an hour though I didn't swim
- Kajukenbo practice for almost 1 1/2 hours
- Jiujitsu practice for 1 hour
See what I mean about being exhausted? It was fine. I didn't overdo it. I just think that not getting a good night's sleep the day before had me start the day a bit tired, and I never really recovered from that.
Burpees: Tuesday 30 & Wednesday 30
Squats: Days 10 & 11: 105 & 110 respectively (ouch!)
- Body Balance (1 hour)
- CrossFit (1 hour): strength focus: Deadlifts (lifting 120 kg feels good now (264 lbs); WOD: 4 rounds (30, 25, 20, 15 reps each) mountain climbers, hand-release push-ups, jump squats; followed by 100 crunches & 3x1 min planks.
I left the CrossFit box drenched. in. sweat!
Breakfast and lunch (see what I ate on Monday) (my usual banana date mix plus chick peas -- not the chicken wrap)
The only things different were an apple that I had as a snack & my dinner - steak with vegetables.
Today was quite different! I don't know if I changed things up because I was bored of the food or tired of posting the same photos!!
Other stuff: The main thing I accomplished today was that I signed up for my CPR and First Aid certification through the Kuwait Medical Association/American Heart Association. I'll be doing the course at the end of this month.