Monday, May 20, 2013

Topsy Turvey

Day 1 of my summer holiday - what a joy! My goal was to sleep in until 9 a.m. (I had a late, late night on Saturday) and then go about my day. I don't know what I was thinking! I woke up at 5:45 a.m. feeling frantic. Not anxious frantic, just busy - omg I have so much to do - frantic. So I started tidying up the house. Once I got started with that, I had a hard time stopping ... and consequently I did not make it to the gym in the morning. 

I did, however, do 100 burpees and 135 squats (Day 14 of the squats challenge) and I got a whole lot of stuff done at home. 

I think my frantic-ness of the day was caused by a sugar/carb-crash following what I ate the night before. Although it may not seem like a lot, when you don't eat that kind of food on a regular basis at all, I think your body reacts to it much more quickly. These are the consequences -- I gotta live with them. 

On my way to acupuncture in the morning my car battery light went on. I was already overdue going for its servicing, so I freaked out a little (the last thing I wanted was an overheated car!) so off to the garage I went, and then I was car-less. Ugh. How annoying!! 

D was a sweetheart and came home by 4 p.m. so that I could take his car to Kajukenbo at night. 

We did some circuit training before our martial art workout. I can really see the impact of my CrossFit & weight training paying off here. While all the other girls were totally out of breath (one even vomited - she was new to the class) I was feeling the effects, but I could keep on going without much difficulty. It felt good. I felt strong! 

By the time I got home, washed up etc. I was exhausted. I had just enough energy to watch the Arsenal match and then I was pretty much ready for bed (and it was only around 8:45 p.m.). I lazed on the couch for a bit and was in bed before 10. I was SO tired! 


Headed out of the house early this morning to get my car. The car was ready yesterday, but I had to make a decision - get my car or go to Kajukenbo? Kajukenbo won. I had them keep everything ready for me so that I could get it first thing this morning. I was so happy to see it parked right at the entrance of the garage ready for me :) 

Off to the gym --- though I met with a friend for breakfast first. We hadn't caught up in a while, so once again my morning workout didn't go as planned (I feel like such a slacker!!) but we both went in for Body Balance so at least I got that in! 

This afternoon was my last CrossFit class until August. I'll be traveling soon and then the schedules will be topsy turvey because of everyone else's travel plans for the summer. I'm ok with that as I still have the gym. However, I will miss CrossFit. 

Today's WOD left me completely breathless. OMG what a killer. We were supposed to do 3 rounds, but our coach stopped us after 2 coz' it was just deadly - lots of burpees, deadlifts, mountain climbers, push-ups etc. Definitely left me with a workout to remember for the rest of the summer! I'm hoping that while I'm in the States I'll get a chance to try out a CrossFit box or two. We'll see how that goes. 

I've got a birthday dinner to attend tonight. They're all gym buddies so I'm pretty sure that the food will be healthy. 

Picture post tomorrow! 


  1. I love waking up early on holidays..I usually finish my workouts as early as possible so by the time everybody else wakes up the most important thing on my check list is complete..
    have fun at the birthday party..waiting for snaps :)

  2. Sounds like a really busy day but a super productive one at the same time!


Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)