Friday, December 23, 2011

Crazy Hungry

I didn't wake up because of my alarm this morning ... I woke up this morning because my stomach was growling!! I was so hungry!

I felt hungry all day today ... not just a little hungry, no, crazy hungry. The kind of hungry where no matter what or how much you eat it is just not enough! There were points throughout the day where I thought I was going to lose my mind from how hungry I was -- it's tough to sit at your desk when your stomach is growling!

If I didn't care, I would have just taken my reading to the kitchen and sat down and eaten till I was satisfied ... but I didn't.

Some friends were coming over for brunch so I knew I didn't want to eat breakfast (which would have just been a bowl of oatmeal) but I had to have something, so I just had a banana and half a cup of coffee. In the meantime, I got started preparing for brunch -- I made gluten free banana nut muffins (with Splenda). It was the first time I had tried making gluten free muffins and I was nervous as to how they would turn out -- they were delicious!! I had an assortment of cheeses and fruits as well as smoked salmon, a few different spreads, and an assortment of breads/crackers (gluten free and regular -- one of my friends is gluten intolerant) ... I kept all the spreads and cheeses away from me and instead kept the fruit and salmon closer to me so I could eat without risking overindulging on the more fattening stuff -- I think I did well.

I ate slowly - really took my time and focused more on talking and laughing than eating.

I would have thought that the insane hunger would have disappeared after having such a yummy brunch ... but no, within three hours I was ravenous again. Seriously. RAVENOUS - not just a little peckish.

I grabbed a few grapes, had a few tablespoons of cottage cheese, and paced around the kitchen. I was so tempted to open up the box of croissants and eat (all of) them ... but I didn't. I sulked over to the kettle and made myself a cup of tea instead and locked myself in my office. Oh, I did steal a Hershey's kiss. I needed a little something to help me out!

I somehow managed to get a few hours of work done. It's around 7:30 p.m. now and I can't wait for dinner. Just some veggies with either some whole wheat bread or a bit of rice ... probably rice as I need something that'll feel more satisfying and filling.

I don't think my description of my hunger in today's blog did it any justice ... all I can say is that I hope the feeling does not last! I won't be able to handle another day like this!

1 comment:

  1. I have days like that too. It seems like no matter how much you eat, it's never enough to make you not be hungry. And then other days, like yesterday, I had zero interest in food. I had maybe 500 calories all day long. I wonder what that's all about??

    It sounds like you celebrate Christmas from previous pics and things you've written, so please let me be the first bloggy friend to wish you a very Merry Christmas. And if you don't celebrate, happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)