Losing weight has been filled with ups and downs - both emotionally and on the scale. However, managing to lose weight and continuing to grow stronger, faster, leaner, and fitter has been an amazing experience. I've discovered many things about myself, and this blog has helped me keep record of those moments. I still have a long way to go, but I'm moving forward with a positive attitude as I attempt to keep Workin' it Out.
1. … traveled outside your home country? Yes!! I’m a total travel junkie! I’ve been to pretty much all the countries in the Middle East (Lebanon, Jordan, Syria, Bahrain, etc.), several in Europe (England, Sweden, Switzerland, Portugal, France, etc.), a few others – Japan, Thailand, Russia, Egypt, Canada … and of course the States! Next stop: Argentina in 3 weeks!!! J
2. … performed on stage in front of at least 1,000 people? A thousand people, no? I think the largest crowd was around 300 people when I played in a piano concert.
3. … watched an episode of Jersey Shore? No … though I do indulge in a few episodes of Jerseylicious once in a while – a guilty pleasure; I just can’t resist!
4. … baked a cake from scratch? If so, what’s your specialty? Yes! I’m all about baking from scratch. The favorite for this season seems to be my pumpkin cheesecake; overall my carrot cake and coffee cake are the best ones I think.
5. … worked in a grocery store? No. I’ve never worked in any type of store.
6. … dated someone who was your best friend first? No. My male best friends have stayed my best friends without getting entangled in a romantic relationship.
7. … made a difference in someone’s life during Christmas? I hope so. I’m usually involved in a lot of charity projects … in particular Blankets for Bangladesh (distributed to the poor in villages that don’t have heating and electricity in many cases).
8. … been on TV?I was in a shot of a news report of Heathrow Airport in London once and also in the background of The Today Show in NYC – does that count? J
9. … had cosmetic surgery? No.
10. … learned a second language? If so, what else do you speak? Well I guess technically English is my second language (Bengali is my first) – plus I learned French, Italian, and Arabic in school – I need to brush up on all of them!