Monday, December 12, 2011

Indecisiveness



It's amazing how quickly I fall back into the trap of struggling to make decisions when it comes to my workout routine. I wish I could just go with the flow, and at the very least, trust myself and stick to the plan ... but no. I had already intended on taking today off from the gym. I know yesterday's workout wasn't a big one or anything, but I knew that I would need to ease into it ... however, I was still faced with the dilemma, should I go to the gym or not? Why is it that I can't just let it go and move forward - stick to the plan; stop questioning myself?! This mental game of ping pong is absolutely exhausting.

The day overall seemed to be a constant challenge. I did not feel like going to work at all, but of course I went. After work I went to the Avenues - I decided to park at the furthest end (at IKEA) and then walk over to the other end (Dean and Deluca) and work my way back down. Before I starting I thought I'd sit down, have a coffee, and read for an hour. It wasn't until after I was getting ready to go that I realized I didn't have my wallet! I was so embarrassed! I realized that my wallet was still in my gym bag from yesterday! Luckily I had some money in my car, so I told the waiter and he assured me it was fine, but to me, it wasn't fine at all!! All of a sudden, my leisurely morning consisted of me booking it from D&D all the way back to IKEA and then back again ... I just wanted to get the whole ordeal over and done with so I RUSHED - I tell you, I put more into that walk than I did on the treadmill yesterday. By the time I got back to my car, I was exhausted - and not comfortable at all. I definitely realized (again) that even though I can move faster, I shouldn't!

So, even though I didn't go to the gym and was planning on resting, I ended up barely resting throughout the whole day. I was hosting my annual Secret Santa dinner, which meant that there was a lot of prep to do ... I think a lot of people out there underestimate how much work goes into taking care of the house and preparing for dinner parties. Anyway, by the end of the night, I was absolutely knackered ... hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to stick to my plan and move forward. There's so much to do over the next month, I don't have time to deal with all this indecisiveness!




3 comments:

  1. Entertaining can be exhausting! DH texted me today to ask if we could find a house cleaner before Friday as he's invited a whole slew of people over! UGH! He's lucky I'm super resourceful... I found one, my house will be clean, and at least I don't have to cook, this is an after dinner drinks type of thing. But still!

    Try to rest, and not overstrain yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're still recovering. That's probably why you physically don't feel like hitting the gym.

    :-) Marion

    ReplyDelete
  3. Entertaining is fun but really exhausting - even when there's help around the house. Still, it's great having Christmas cheer around the house.

    Figuring out how to balance my energy and rest as part of the recovery process is definitely a source of indecision :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)