Saturday, December 17, 2011

Warming up in Winter

One of the problems I've been having food-wise has been the fact that I'm feeling cold pretty much all the time. Not only am I hungry, but when I finally sit down to eat, I find that I'm not eating enough warm foods ... I have made a few adjustments though to accommodate the colder temperatures.

I've traded in my morning cereal for a bowl of hot oatmeal ... but to be honest, eating a bowl of oatmeal at 5:30 a.m. does not really sustain me for long. I'm starving by 9:30 a.m.! I need a solution to this.

I'm finding eating fruit difficult too because it's pretty much all cold -- pineapple, grapes, and strawberries are just not as enjoyable in the winter for me. So I'm hoping that bananas will be a good enough substitute.

My water intake is also suffering. I'm trying to drink as much as possible, but even room temperature water now is too cold for me. Still, I make it to almost 2 L a day, but I'd ideally like to drink at least another 500 mL (ideally another 1 L). I know that I can drink tea or coffee so that'll at least warm me up, but I'd really much rather drink water.

My salads definitely have to be replaced by soups. This afternoon I was shivering through lunch as I munched on my salad. It was not an enjoyable experience, even though the salad was good.


Anyway. These are just a few adjustments I need to make. Any suggestions for healthy, warm winter recipes?

1 comment:

  1. My problem is I want yummy baked warm goodies.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)