Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Forging Ahead

I woke up this morning feeling very sore -- I don't know if it was yesterday's cross-trainer workout or the Zumba workout ... nevertheless, it felt good to have that achy feeling in my legs again.

At times I really confuse myself. I love going to the gym, but still I struggle (quite regularly) with the decision of whether or not I should go to the gym. Take this morning for example. I don't teach on Wednesdays so I have the day free. I do, however, have my never-ending PhD to work on plus something scheduled for 2 p.m. that I have to prepare for ... so my question was, do I go to the gym this morning or not? My plan (that I fixed on Saturday) was to go this morning and do weights and Body Balance class and then tackle the rest of my errands ... so why did I wake up this morning wondering what to do? Why did I feel hesitation about going to the gym and completing the tasks I had set out for myself. They were not difficult. In fact, I was looking forward to them. I guess I just felt pressured for time. Everything would be a bit rushed.

In any case, I told myself to shut up and just stick to my bloody plan. So I did.

Wednesdays are my non-oatmeal breakfast days, so I made myself an egg white scramble with a bit of salsa - yum!

Then I squeezed in an hour of work before heading to the gym.
I finally completed Stage 2 of NROL4W (more on that below) and I went to Body Balance class (my first post-surgery) ... and now I feel great!

I'm a bit torn as to what to do with the NROL4W program. I struggled to get through Stage 2, mainly because I eased myself into it after surgery and also because I was incredibly wrapped up in my writing ... so it didn't get the commitment that it deserved though I am happy with my progress. Part of me is tempted to redo the whole stage before moving on to Stage 3 ... but after seeing my results today - the same as/slightly better than my last workout at the beginning of January - I guess there is not reason to go back ... plus I've heard that Stage 3 is much more interesting and challenging than Stage 2, and I'm definitely ready for that!

Body Balance was fantastic. I was a bit apprehensive, but it was fine. I've definitely lost a bit of flexibility, but I think after a few classes I'll be fine. I definitely want to try to work in at least 2 if not 3 yoga/pilates/balance classes per week. They really help me stretch out my muscles and also tone in general. Hmmmm my workout schedule may need a bit of tweaking.

Feelin' better each day :)

1 comment:

  1. I understand about the gym thing. I love the gym once I'm there but, if left to my own devices, I'd never leave my house. We have a treadmill and we're getting an elliptical. Once I'm home I just don't like leaving again. Good for you for actually getting your butt out the door!!

    So glad to hear you're feeling better each day :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)