Thursday, February 23, 2012

Giving In

I gave in last night and took two sleeping pills. I was just absolutely exhausted and drained ... I didn't want to, but I was desperate. Although I did manage to get almost 6 hours of sleep, I was still restless (work up 5 times during the night) and didn't feel all that rested once I woke up ... I just don't get it. I'm so frustrated!

Today was an easy day, mainly because I was insanely sore after yesterday's boxing workout. I could barely move my torso - coughing/sneezing hurt like you can't imagine! When I walked into the gym my trainer saw me and started laughing because he knew exactly how I was feeling. He was like - your posture is perfect now! - And I thought, well of course it is. I can't blood move my torso!! My knuckles hurt too! In any case - it was a painful but good type of sore.

I warmed up on the treadmill for half an hour and then went to Zumba class. I just needed to dance off all of this stress -- plus having my new Zumba shoes helped cheer me up! {Yes, I'm that person who buys the accessories to match the workout ... why not? Plus you know I'm a shoe addict!}


Love them!! {Um, I bought Zumba socks too - I know, insane, but I couldn't resist!!}
The shoes actually made quite a difference. They're light and slide easily on the floor, making some of the moves much easier than before.

Anyway.

I received a few compliments today on how I was looking more toned and trim. I don't really see it when I look in the mirror, but it's always nice to hear others say something positive. Hopefully I'll be able to see what others see one day - for right now, it's just me and my Zumba shoes.


1 comment:

  1. I love those shoes! (I'm a shoes girl too).

    Good luck with the sleeping thing - Bruce has been struggling lately too, and I've had issues in the past. I wound up on anti-anxiety pills to help me sleep because I wasn't getting any rest at night at all. Don't love the medication, but it sure helped at the time. Hope you can get some rest soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)