Saturday, February 11, 2012

Loaded Sweet Potato

I've never had a baked sweet potato on its own ... and I never thought it would be as delicious as it turned out! Pictured below is 1 portion, but it was so filling that I only ate half. The nutritional info at the bottom is for the entire portion.


Ingredients:
1 medium sweet potato
1/2 can 15 oz. black beans (drained, rinsed)
1/2 tomato, diced
1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
1/4 teaspoon coriander powder
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
3.25 oz. crab meat
2 tablespoons low-fat cottage cheese
cilantro to garnish

Directions:
1. Bake sweet potato in skin until soft (about 1 hour); alternatively, microwave sweet potato on high for 7-10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, mix together remaining ingredients - except cottage cheese and cilantro - and heat in a saucepan for 2-3 minutes
3. Once the potato is soft, slice in half, add bean/crab mix, cottage cheese, and cilantro

Enjoy!

Nutritional info: (calories per serving/recipe serves 1)
418 calories
31 g. protein
63 g. carbohydrates (12 g. fiber)
8.7 g. fat (2.75 g. saturated fat)

1 comment:

  1. OMG thank you for this!! This sounds fantastic. This would be about 4 servings for me since I can't eat very much anymore but I am definitely going to make this one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)