I was in Berlin until Monday, and then I got straight back to work. There were several birthday celebrations in the evenings. Plus there was the weekend of Zumba training ... to top it all off, Dad has come from Bangladesh to stay with me for 10 days. He'll be without a car so I'll be ferrying him around plus having to think of his meals etc. (most of them will be like mine anyway) and just take care of him in general.
I'm so glad that I've been learning to let go of control bit by bit otherwise these changes in my normal routine would have really thrown me off!
I didn't write too much about exercise this past week because there have been other things to post about, but in general it's been going well.
I've exercised everyday - whether it was cardio, CrossFit, Zumba, or yoga.
I'm down another 2 lbs this week (making it a total of just over 13 lbs lost in the past 4 weeks). I'm fine with this steady weight loss. I just need to keep it up.
I went in to the gym this evening. I haven't been there for quite a while at that time of night and I was so happy with all the reactions. Before when I'd disappear from the evening gym sessions (coz' I'd be going early in the morning) people would sometimes comment and say - Where have you been? Did you get lazy? - which meant that though I was exercising, the effect wasn't noticeable.
This time, however, it was. Aside from the lbs dropped, I know my body shape has changed because of CrossFit. It's great. Plus the change in diet - dropping sugar, preservatives, grains, starches, etc. - has given me an extra bounce in my step. The reactions were incredibly positive - all saying how the difference was noticeable and that I must have been working hard etc. etc.
I won't deny that it's always nice to hear compliments. Regardless of physical evidence - numbers on the scale, inches lost, or even smaller dress sizes - hearing someone else give a compliment feels good. This time, I was able to proudly say Yes. I have been working hard -- because I have.
No doubt there's a long way to go, but I'll get there.
This week's Get Fit, Feel Epic Challenge Update:
1) C25K - I started Week 6 but only managed Day 1. The next run is going to be a big one - 20 minutes straight. I'm trying not to psych myself out of it. I'll definitely be putting together a kick-ass playlist for that run! Wish me luck!!
2) Nutrition Studies - I read a bit more of chapter 1, but I haven't made enough progress to make me feel confident that I'll finish the 4 sections that I wanted to complete by the end of this challenge.
3) Core work - Again, not good this week, which is a shame. I've been getting some core work in daily through my other exercises, but not focused core work like I was doing at the beginning of this challenge. That changes in the morning!
4) Balance - I've been really good at maintaining my yoga practice in the morning or at the very least doing some deep stretching each day (it's also part of the WLC). I didn't have the time to attend any balance classes this week as I was stuck at the university - either teaching or in a meeting. Hopefully I'll be able to make the class tomorrow.
5) Gleason's - I didn't do any boxing this week. I just got too caught up in the other workouts. Plus doing Zumba this entire weekend kept me from boxing lessons. Hopefully this week will be back to normal.
This week our challenge was to do push-ups each day. I took it easy because my coach told me not to overdo it and save my strength for class. I wanted to work up to 30 push-ups by the end of the week.
They were a combination of knee push-ups and full push-ups as well as a few hand-release push ups (CrossFit style). I can definitely see my increased strength helping out with my push-ups ... though they're still difficult and I don't feel very confident doing them.
So, this coming week is going to be crazy again, especially with dad here, but I'm determined to make the best of it :)