Wednesday, April 4, 2012

One Step at a Time

Deep breath.

Today is a new day.

The pain is still there. The anxiety is still there. The struggle is still there ... but today is a new day. Things may be difficult, but I can try my best to make it through the day - just one step at a time.

Wake up.
Wash up.
Make the bed.
Have breakfast.

Gym or no gym? I hate working out during the TOM, but I've read, and have found, that doing some exercise does alleviate the cramps. Still, I wasn't sure.

An exercise instructor several years ago told me that the hardest part of working out is putting on your training shoes ... once you put on your shoes, it gets easier.

So, I decided to get dressed for the gym. I still had to pick my mom up from her house and drive her to work ... I had papers to grade so I decided, if my cramps are bad, I can sit at the cafe at the gym and grade for a bit until I feel like working out ... if I have no cramps, I can just workout, if I feel terrible all day, then I can just go home and rest. The final decision is mine -- but the very least I can do, is get ready for the gym.

Dropped mom to work.
Took the scenic route along the coast to the gym.
Parked, and since the pain killers had kicked in, decided to go ahead and exercise.

5 km on the cross-trainer followed by half hour of boxing training (which included skipping rope - am definitely improving in that area, which was nice to see). The training wasn't too intense. H just set me up with a routine that I could do on my own, otherwise I know that he would totally kick my ass. Still, I had a good workout -- it felt good to hit something and take some of my stress/anxiety out on the boxing bag!!

So anyway. Today doesn't feel as bad as yesterday. I'm taking things in stride and trying not to overwhelm myself with things that are out of my control.

Let's hope the rest of the day continues to go smoothly.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)