Sunday, April 15, 2012
Week 3 Update
I woke up this morning feeling heavy. Ugh. Never a good feeling, especially before a weigh in. I know it has to do with dinner last night. I didn't eat much, but I did have hummus, and that always causes me to feel heavier than normal.
My workout this morning was good. I'm really close to finishing Stage 6 of NROL4W. I've got 3 more workouts left in this stage. I'm happy with the progress that I've made so far. Today, I used 50 kg (110 lbs) weights for my split squats :) Yay!
Work, unfortunately, was a bit chaotic. Three of our teachers were out today for some reason or another -- two of them are going to be gone this entire week, so guess what that means? One of their classes is going to join mine for the rest of the week. I've gone from a lovely class size of 21-students (an absolute dream compared to previous semesters) to 43 students ... back to the drawing board to do new lesson plans for the week!
Anyway - on to my Week 3 update.
1. Weight loss goal: To lose 10 lbs by May 8th
This week I lost just over half a kilo (1.3 lbs), for an overall loss of 2.2 kg (4.84 lbs) since April 1st. I haven't set weekly weight loss targets - I just want to make sure that the overall number keeps going down and that I hit my 10 lb loss by May 8th. I'm taking it one gram at a time.
2. Non-scale goal: Make it through my list of things to do; Prepare for/Pass my PhD Viva
I'm still trying to make it through my list of things to do. I have made some progress in that area, but I'm ashamed to say that I haven't made as much progress as I have wanted to. The things I have done however are - finished reading through/commenting on the first 3 chapters of my thesis; sorted through my final batch of clothes; donated all the charity goods; commented on blogs, so all in all, not bad.
3. Exercise goal: I did really well in terms of exercise this week. I'm pleased to say I hit all my targets.
- Gym 6x/week - Done!
- Weight training 3x/week (4 if possible) - Managed 4 sessions (3 NROL4W and 1 Body Pump)
- Cardio 6 hrs of week (10 if possible) - Completed just over 8 hours of cardio this week
- Abs focus 3x/week - Did abs 3 times this week, including the ab blast class!
I actually have a new exercise goal to add. A few days ago I was debating whether or not I should register for a 10k run in November ... and finally decided to do it :) I just registered, so training for the 10k is an additional exercise goal. However, I don't plan on starting it until I come back from London. It's just not feasible at the moment to start a regimented program, but I'll see what I can do during my normal cardio sessions to start preparing :)
4. Nutrition goal
- Drink 3.5-4 L water daily - Done!
- Eat at least 1 serving of fruit daily - Ugh. Only managed 4 days of fresh fruit out of the 7. Must keep working on this!
- Greatly reduce carbs during dinner - Done. Only had carbs (wheat/grain based) once for dinner this week; the rest was lean protein and vegetables for the most part
- Track food & water intake on a daily basis - I'm being vigilant, but I still haven't been writing it all down. I'm too busy/tired with all the exercise!
Overall, not too bad for week 3. My goals for week 4.
1) Weight loss - just keep losing some weight; no pressure on a number - I just want to see the number go down.
2) Non-scale goal - Finish reading/editing chapters 4 & 5 of my thesis; I have a major task of organizing my data charts. I MUST get a start on this in order to get it done before I travel in May; Organize my bookshelf; Get my car papers done!!
3) Exercise goal - same as before; still try to get at least one class of pilates; body balance; yoga in
4) Nutrition goal - same as before
Hope everyone has a fantastic week 4!