Thursday, August 16, 2012


I didn't get to bed until about 5 a.m. and I was up just before 9. I've had a lot on my mind, in particularly a banking errand that I needed to get done today. From tomorrow the banks will be closed for 5-6 days because of the Eid holidays (marking the end of Ramadan), so I was not the only one who left their banking for today. In fact, I've never seen the bank as crowded as it was today. I counted at least 50 people waiting to be served by the time I got there.

Of course, as with all banking errands, I could not get mine done for various reasons. I even went to two different places to try and get it done ... I was very frustrated, but at the end of it I just thought - Fuck it. It wasn't meant to be. I won't stress over this anymore, because it has indeed been stressing me out.

At home, the sight of all the things my parents have left behind for me to bring with them to Bangladesh has also really been stressing me out. I've been trying to sort through their things. I can't take everything with me without paying major excess luggage charges. More importantly, I don't want to take a lot of the things with me because I think they are absolutely unnecessary. I don't want to ask what I can/can't throw because I know my mom won't want me to throw anything. The clutter is making me feel so anxious. I managed to do a bit of packing, but there's still a lot to do. I know I'll feel better once this stuff is out of sight (and definitely out of the apartment)!!

On top of that I have an abstract that I'm trying to write for a conference. I've been working on it for a few days and now the deadline has approached (due tomorrow) and I'm still not done. I've got my notes written, but I need to formulate it into a cohesive piece of writing. My mind is so not there. Still, I gotta force it out of me - right after I write this blog post (I'm such a procrastinator!)

The stress, anxiety, and exhaustion were getting to me. I knew that if I didn't get some rest then tonight's CrossFit session would be a pain. I ended up taking a nap and definitely felt better, but I know that what I really need is a good, good night's sleep! Anyway.

To the Box for our last workout until after the Eid holiday.

Today was the Advanced class and it consisted of 2 WOD's.

WOD #1: Target - complete 5 minutes of alternating 10 kettle bell swings (10 kg/22 lbs.) and 10 burpees - Doesn't sound like much, but OMG. I only got to 4 min 15 sec :( I just couldn't go anymore. I find it so difficult to catch my breath after the burpees. I was disappointed, and I really kept telling myself to push more ... I just didn't have it in me today.

WOD #2: 30 min (30 sec work/10 sec rest)
Push press (20 kg/44 lbs.)
Reverse burpees
Cleans (20 kg)
Hand-release push ups

We ended up doing 5 rounds of each group of exercises

Once again I'm reminded about how much getting through the workout is based on mental preparation. Hearing that there will be 2 WOD's was intimidating; seeing that the second WOD would last 30 minutes was even more intimidating ... I kept telling myself, ignore it. Just do the work. Time is irrelevant. Just keep going. Just keep going!

I got through the WOD. I tried my best. I was definitely tiring towards the end, but I kept trying to give it my all. Just gotta keep it in mind and hope to see improvements with each future workout!


  1. I definitely can relate to putting things off. I hate that I procrastinate on those things I don't want to do but it is true. I've been procrastinating on getting the oil changed in one of the cars. I just made myself sit down and schedule an appointment.

    Glad you got a nap. Some days I can't run without one. :)

  2. I too can procrastinate when I do not want to do something and I can relate to clutter getting to me! I hope you get it all done!


Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)