Saturday, August 11, 2012

Sorting Things Out

Today I actually sat back down at my desk and did a bit of work. I've got a bit of research on Kuwait that I need to get through plus a few conference abstracts that I need to work on. It felt strange to be back into study mode, but after such a long break, it felt good too.

My apartment looks like a suitcase factory exploded in it -- with another trip in about a week, my luggage hasn't been put away plus I'm adding more pieces as I'm taking things over for my parents. Packing for this trip is going to be a nightmare - and right now my room reflects it! It's starting to make me feel a bit anxious. I've started organizing it a bit, but it's going to take a few days to get it all sorted out.

Nothing like a good CrossFit session to help de-stress!

Warm-up: 3 rounds
15 burpees
15 crunches
15 hand-release push-ups
15 full body squats

Strength training - front squats (5,4,3,2,2,1) - my last rep was 50 kg, but it wasn't my max

WOD: AMRAP within 10 minutes
10 deadlifts (I lifted 40 kg, but I really should have done 50 kg)
10 hanging leg raises
10 hand-release push-ups

I managed to start my 10th round before time was called.

I tried to push myself a bit harder today. I just want to make sure I see some improvement with each session - even if it's a small improvement. There are some girls in the group who are so incredibly strong and fast ... it's intimidating at times but also motivating. If I want to see the results, I've got to do the work! No excuses.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)