It's been a good week. I'm now starting week 2 of the whole life challenge (Day 9 summary here), and it is going so much better than I had hoped. I was so worried about what I would eat and how I would manage without diary, sugar, etc. but I have to say, I don't miss it at all. Over the past week I've had a few seconds of a craving - for a nice latte or for an After 8 mint chocolate - but they've literally just lasted a few seconds. I just moved on and stuck with the program.
This past week I've lost 4.5 lbs. During the week the number actually dipped lower, but I wasn't upset at all to see this number early this morning. I'm eating healthy and I'm eating well; I haven't been hungry at all. My meals are probably a bit repetitive or somewhat similar each day, but it doesn't matter. It's tasty enough to keep me going and definitely healthy so it keeps me feeling good.
Week 3 (Sep. 17 - 23)
1) C25K: This morning I went to the gym to do my final day of Week 4 only to find that I left my headphones at home. Shit. I felt like it would be impossible to run without my music; I'm so dependent on my playlist. I ummed and aaahhed for a minute and so and then told myself - 'Shut up and just do it already, you big whiny baby.'
So, I put my phone on the treadmill console and cued up the program. I already knew what I had to do - 5 min warm-up, 4 min run, 2 min walk, 6 min run, 3 min walk, 4 min run, 2 min walk, 5 min cool down. I set up the machine and I got to it ... and I did it! It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I wish that self-doubting/excuse-making voice would just die already, but she's stubborn. I guess I'll just have to learn to ignore and push past her.
So, this week I only got in 1 session, but with it I completed week 4! I'm so happy that I'm halfway done. I'm actually looking forward to Week 5. I really feel like the strength I've gained from CrossFit is helping me move better!
2) Nutrition studies: Ummm - nope. Haven't started yet. I've been working on a research paper (related to my PhD research) plus grading papers. I really need to make more of an effort to at least start!
3) Core work: I started off strong, but then only managed 4 days instead of 5. It's not like I'm not doing any core work (like we're getting core work done at CrossFit and Body Balance), but it's the 10 minutes I want to focus on in the morning that just doesn't seem to be coming through on the weekends. Again, a bit more of an effort needed here.
4) Balance: I've been doing my 15-minutes of yoga each day and I'm loving it. I'm already feeling myself become more flexible. I also made it to one Body Balance class this week.
5) Gleason's boxing: I started Week 2 and I'm hoping that soon I'll be taking specific boxing lessons at the CrossFit box ... but we've still got to figure out the timings.
Week 3 Challenge - Rebecca set up a mini CrossFit workout:
30 push ups
I did this today - round 1 completed in 1 min 35 seconds; round 2 completed in 1 min 55 seconds; round 3 completed in 1 min 45 sec.
The challenge for week 4 is to do something I've never done before ... am not sure what task I'll take on, but I'm sure it'll be interesting :)