Friday, September 28, 2012

The Final Decision

After my dilemma about what to do about what to do about tonight's dinner and receiving everyone's comments, I made a decision -- and that was to stick to my plan.

D and my guests were for the night were 100% supportive of my efforts on this challenge (and my health/fitness goals in general) so they made it really easy for me. It was really a decision I needed to make for myself all along. I know that there is no reason to stay off track for somebody else ... but still, I hesitated. I just glad I pushed through as the night was so enjoyable - and we all enjoyed our food.

I kept it really simple last night though there were things that were really tempting. I had bought special crackers plus truffle dip and balsamic cream from Italy. I had been saving them to use for tonight and I was gutted to read the ingredients that included some things I couldn't have -- so I skipped them. Also, when I was making dessert - a creamy chocolate mousse-type dessert, I was really, really tempted to have a taste. Still, even when some got on my fingers, I just washed it off. It was tempting, but it wasn't necessary - and for right now, I'm sticking to only what's necessary.

For dinner I made my Insalatona di Cupra - and for my salad, instead of using corn and mozzarella cheese that featured in the main salad, I subbed them for a yellow bell pepper and half an avocado. It was good, and while they enjoyed their chocolate dessert, I had some of my PBD bites for my own treat.

And that was that.

I have not been 100% on track with this challenge for two weeks straight. As I wrote in my WLC-specific blog, what I learned the most from this is that even when decisions are difficult and situations are less than ideal, it's still possible to stay on track.


4 comments:

  1. You are doing just great! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may not be 100% on track, but it sounds like you are close to it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)