Friday, December 28, 2012

Adrenaline Perhaps?

I went to bed a little after midnight and woke up at 3 a.m. I'm talking wide awake, ready to go running type of waking up.

WFT?

I tried to relax and just loosen up to fall back asleep, but it didn't happen. So at 3:45 a.m. I got out of bed. I commented on a few blogs and then went about doing a few things around the house. It sucked. I really wanted to be curled up in bed and asleep. Why was I awake?

The only thing that I could think of was that I haven't exercised in the evening for the past 2 weeks. Maybe it was the late workout (ending at 7 p.m.) that had my adrenaline going? I know that when I started CrossFit I would be exhausted at the end of the day but after only a few hours of sleep I would be wide awake. My Coach told me that it was the adrenaline ... if this is the case, then I need to figure out a way to at least make up for the sleep somehow. With the workouts I have planned, I will not be able to survive on just 3 hours of sleep.

I am determined to get my minimum of 6 hours of sleep and eat regularly/properly. I've found myself feeling a bit too hungry between meals. I haven't counted calories in ages, but a run down of my calories yesterday (600-700 calories consumed by dinner time) made me realize that I need to definitely add more protein to my diet. I don't like feeling weak, tired, and hungry - obviously that is counter-producted to me getting in good workouts.

Back to the drawing board.

An hour of cardio scheduled for the day - and then, I plan on just vegging!


1 comment:

  1. I don't have the same struggles with insomnia that you have, but I do find that if I work out too close to bed time, it takes me longer to wind down and get to sleep - sometimes 10 minutes or so of yoga can help me centre, though - maybe try that before bed?

    I know what you mean about sleep though - I used to survive on 5 hours a night, now I need more like 6.5-7, and getting enough is difficult!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)