Thursday, December 6, 2012

Belated Thanksgiving

I was away for Thanksgiving so tonight we're having a belated Thanksgiving dinner. I absolutely love Thanksgiving. I remember when I was really young I'd always want to have Thanksgiving dinner at home, but it wasn't something that my family celebrated ... so when I got to the States, I was beyond excited.

Thanksgiving brings back incredible memories for me. Since I was away from my family, my friends and their families opened up their homes to me. I spent Thanksgiving weekend at a different friend's house each year and I felt completely part of the family. It was so touching and I am so thankful for them for making me feel so welcome.

After returning to Kuwait - old enough to hold my own now - I told my mom. Alright, now we're celebrating Thanksgiving. And since then (2001), it's finally become an annual tradition.

This year I'm having the CrossFit team come over for Thanksgiving dinner. I've got a good menu planned (I hope) - including turkey, quinoa 'stuffing', sweet potatoes, and lots of veggies. The 'unhealthiest' thing on tonight's menu is stuffed mushrooms (has cheese) and the desserts -- which are being made at the request of some of the team members. I'd say 90% of the food tonight would have been considered Whole Life Challenge compliant, so I'm happy about that.

Fingers crossed it goes well. There's lots of cooking to be done. Hopefully pictures of a successful meal will be posted tomorrow :)


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a lot of fun for you and your friends. I am kind of ticked off at Blogger right now as you have not been coming up on my reading list. The last one I read was November 29th until you popped up this morning. Now I have a lot to read and catch up on. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)