Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas!

I didn't have any big celebrations planned for Christmas this year - just catching up with a few friends throughout the day. It was lovely laughing and chillin'; however, all of the social visits involved meeting up in food places - breakfast, lunch, dinner, coffee. So, before I got started on any of that, I headed to the gym.

I had a great workout this Christmas morning - I completed 5 km (half on the treadmill and half on the cross-trainer) and then did FRAN - a CrossFit workout that involves 3 rounds, 21 reps, 15 reps, then 9 reps of thrusters (I used a 20kg/45 lb bar) and pull-ups (I used the assisted pull-up machine at a 43kg resistance). Obviously the workout was scaled, but I mainly did it coz' I hadn't done the workout in a long time and I wanted to warm my body up for the movements -- it was really good. I felt great after the workout. Here's a pic of me after my 5 km :) 


I went to a new place for breakfast - The Early Bird. Actually, the restaurant has been around for years but I've never been. It's run by 2 Americans and has a great reputation for serving American breakfast food. It's a small place (about 8 tables) and is really, really popular. There was an endless number of people just streaming in and out. 

One thing about American restaurants is the American-sized portions. As yummy as the pancakes and waffles looked, there was no way I could eat them (though my friend had a pancake - he ordered a single one even though they normally come as a stack of 3 and he said the 1 was more than enough). They had a healthy section of the menu - I ordered the eggwhite omelete that was made with onion, tomato, and spinach. I told them to hold the bread. All the regular egg dishes came with a side of hash browns, sausage, and bacon as well as the bread. This one, however, didn't. 

I was thrilled with my order. It was delicious - so fresh, light, and tasty! It was perfect for a post-workout meal. I was really pleased with my experience! 

It's been raining non-stop all day today. I kinda like it though it was a nightmare to drive in. On my way to the gym this morning the clouds broke and the peeking sunlight was absolutely stunning - lovely start to the day :)




2 comments:

  1. Enjoy your day! Off to do my Christmas workout now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas!!

    Thank you for taking the time to catch up & comment on my blog! I so appreciate it!! xoxo You look amazing. Keep up the awesome work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)