Sunday, July 17, 2011

Back to Basics

After coming back from London I was so concerned with just getting into my workout routine that I didn’t really sit down and plan too much – which is very unlike me! So today, I took a bit of time and did the basic stuff I should have done before I actually started.

I weighed myself and took my measurements … I’ll try not to weigh myself everyday, but I know that it will be difficult. I just can’t seem to resist getting on that scale!

I also worked out my meal plan. I’m a bit skeptical about the calorie breakdown that NROL4W suggests – I mean, approximately 1700 to 2000 calories daily?! That’s a helluva lot of calories … still, I told myself that I was going to follow this routine properly, so I’m going to through with it … Now I’ve just got to get my groceries and I’m all set.

I still haven’t worked out the cardio angle to the whole exercise program. The book does include some suggestions of how to include interval training as well as some exercise classes into the program – once again, it’s just so little compared to what I was doing before … but then again, I’ve gone down the route where I exercised a lot and cut my calories drastically and that didn’t work …

The plan is all mapped out – now I’ve just got to stick to it! Let’s see how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. STICK TO THE PLAN!! (Gee, have I said that before?) :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)