Tuesday, November 22, 2011

1/10

If I had to rank today, I'd give it a 1/10. The only reason it's not a 0 is because I put up some Thanksgiving decorations today ... and decorations of any kind always make me happy.

The drive to work today was terrible. I left the house 2 minutes later than yesterday but got stuck in horrible traffic, which resulted in a lot of start/stop motion ... the nausea I felt was unbelievable. I almost turned around and went back home. If I hadn't just come off of 3 weeks of sick leave I definitely would have headed home ...

I had an ultra-short class today ... my cramps were just so bad that I couldn't see straight. I am not exaggerating. I had to force myself to keep my head up and walk straight. It was downhill from there ...

Although I had finished teaching early, I still had a few errands that I had to run today. Tomorrow is already packed - with a class, a meeting, and tons of pre-Thanksgiving prep ... so I dragged myself through my errands - pacing myself and taking lots and lots of deep breaths. The painkillers I'm taking do not seem to be working at all.

At home I finally got a chance to rest a bit. It's never easy trying to relax when you're in pain - as I've said several times during my recovery! I know I'm whining ... but it is what it is.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your 1/10 day... Thanks for being honest and sharing how things are going... Sending many good thoughts and vibes around the world to you!
    Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm so sorry you had such a bad day. I'm a couple of days late but I do hope it's gotten a bit better. Here's wishing better days are ahead.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)