Sunday, November 27, 2011

It Takes Time

The main change that I've noticed lately is how much more time things take now ... I walk slower, I drive slower (probably a good thing), and I take longer to recover from something a simple as visiting a friend.

It's ok though. I've taken it in stride. My schedule is insane until the end of the year. I've got a paper to write, my thesis to complete, a conference to attend, and on the fun side, lots of holiday celebrating to do ... not to mention Christmas shopping, which is the best part!!

I've just got to figure out how to fit everything in ... and of course I really, really want to get back to the gym ... even if all I can do is walk on the treadmill for 20-30 minutes. I just miss being in that atmosphere and seeing my gym friends (at the gym instead of at my place - though they're always welcome of course!) Although I do think I'm ready, I don't think it's a good idea to go just before traveling in three days. I already know that the journey will be exhausting ... and I am a bit nervous about sitting on the plane for such a long period of time - I know I can move around, but it's not the same. Anyway.

I guess I need to figure out how to make the most of the next two days without exhausting myself. It's definitely easier said than done ...

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you know your intuition is telling you to not overdo it! :)

    Be smart, and you'll be getting stronger everyday...
    RY

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)