Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Fired Up for Fall - Week 9

I know I'm a day behind posting my FUFF update ... the days all seem to merge together lately.

After 2 painkillers and 9 hours of sleep, I woke up this morning feeling much better. However, I've made sure not to make the same mistake as yesterday and I've been taking it easy for the most part. It seems like life is always about trying to find a balance ...



Part I: Positive Picture
I actually had quite a tough time finding a positive picture for this week. It's not that I'm not feeling positive, but I guess I'm just not feeling inspired. Perhaps it's understandable given the events of the past few weeks ... of course I'm trying to stay positive overall, but some days are just more difficult than others. In any case, I looked through tons of websites and images ... and this is the one that struck me the most ...




Part II: WEEK 9 QUESTIONS

What have you done this week to work towards your goals?
It's definitely been a tough week in terms of working towards my goals. Limited movement = limited achievement. At least I did manage to go out twice and go for a slow walk. Plus I got back to my PhD work this week ... it's slow and steady at the moment. I'll definitely pick up the pace as soon as I can.

What have you done this week to make yourself feel fabulous?
I can finally get out of bed without struggling too much or feeling much pain -- such a simple thing, but I guess something that I definitely take for granted. As I've gone from such difficulty moving to slowly regaining my strength, I am so grateful for all that I can do -- regaining strength and being able to move much more easily has definitely been fabulous.

What is the most positive thing you've taken away from this challenge?
I've found that the most positive aspects have emerged through the most difficult times ... when I look back at my posts over the past 9 weeks I find it amazing how things can change in such a short span of time ... for me it's mainly been health difficulties (bronchitis and surgery) ... however, despite these obstacles, life goes on. Things do get better - obstacles don't mean permanent roadblocks or failure ... they're just obstacles. Some can be overcome in a day while others take a lot longer to deal with. In any case, there is not much that can't be done without patience and persistence.

It's your last week, the run to the finish, what is your priority?
Well, I most probably won't be heading back to the gym, so I feel like most of my goals will not be reached in terms of losing weight and sticking to a workout program.
The main thing that I can focus on is getting back on track with my studies ... I have until the end of the year (though they've said I can take a bit longer if needed because of the time lost for the surgery - but I really hope I can finish by the end of this year). Getting as much done on my PhD is a top priority for sure!

Fun stuff - Desert Island: You can take 1 person, 1 famous person, and 3 items besides food and water. Who and what do you take?
My items are easy - a knife, a blanket, and soap :)

As for my people -- I'd take my BFF for a combination of great company and entertainment and for my famous person ... at the moment, with all the Grey's Anatomy I've been watching, it's Eric Dane -- who wouldn't want McSteamy on an island with them?! He'd be there for a totally different type of entertainment ;) Yum!



2 comments:

  1. I'm forever in awe of your ability to stay positive. I wish I were more like you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eric Dane? YUM!! Yep, I love him too!

    Your goals got shoved off the rails by your health, but you're healing now. Hopefully you feel back to some semblance of normal soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)