Friday, September 20, 2013

Friday Five

I'm so happy it's the weekend! It's been a full week at work, with my first stack of grading to complete over the weekend. It's been busy at home with both my dad and my brother in the house. My workouts have been intense, with lots of bruises to show for it. I hope I'll get a chance to catch up on some sleep this weekend!

My blogging has been slightly erratic, but I'm hoping to get back on track with that. Here are a few snapshots of what I've been up to since the start of September. (Sorry for some of the repeated photos!)



I'm back in the classroom! This semester I'm teaching a class on research methodology, research paper writing, and oral presentation skills. 



One of my former students surprised me with this lovely card -- it was really touching. Last year I started using my fitness struggles as an analogy of how to approach their studies - of the mental preparation, the dedication, the discipline. Her words captured exactly what I wanted to teach them. This is the best present I've ever received. 


I restarted my Saturday morning yoga on the beach sessions.  This is a pose I struggled with. I hope that with practice I will improve. 



I'm now starting Week 3 of the Whole Life Challenge (my 3rd time participating in the challenge). I'm hoping that it will help me break through this plateau that I've been on for the past few months. So far it's going really well. 




I feel like I really stepped up my Kajukenbo training recently. For the last training session, I was the only one who showed up. It was great coz' I got some one-on-one attention, but boy was I banged up and bruised after I left. Still, it was great, and I definitely learned a lot!










4 comments:

  1. AWESOME! That card is so touching. That must feel so great.

    Also... congrats on the yoga pose. No expert, but it looks pretty good over here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I commented on these snaps....you look wonderful in the green dress, so tall, slim and beautiful and the yoga pose that looks so fun :)
    the card so touching, you have to be a wonderful teacher to have somebody write that to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet you are an awesome teacher! I think it's great that your student took time to write.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You have been working out with some great BJJ practitioners!!

    Sorry about the bruises. Been there, done that, lol!

    You are a warrior!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)