Saturday, May 19, 2012

One by One

Today has been all about me getting things done. My list of things to do is as long as it has ever been. It feels like every time I cross one thing off I add three more. Still, today I definitely made some progress.

I've finally caught up on all the blogs of those participating in the Ready for Summer challenge (at least those who linked up for Week 7) and I caught up on the other blogs that I follow.

I also finished grading my last set of papers for the semester - definitely a huge relief. I've just got 2 more weeks to get through before summer vacation!

My post-travel laundry is done (though I still have to put it away) and my bookshelf in my home office is starting to look so much more organized.

My biggest success of the day was finalizing the menu for the week and getting the groceries done. I had Jenn and her blocks of food in mind as I did today's shop. The fridge is now wonderfully stocked with lots of fresh veggies and fish.

Week 8's challenge is about coming up with a focused plan to help make sure things stay on track. This has come at a perfect time for me as I have exactly 14 days before I get on a plane again. I want to make these next two weeks count.

I've mapped out my workouts for the next two weeks - including 2 NROL4W workouts and 4 CrossFit training sessions starting from this coming Wednesday :) I've also targeted two errands/tasks to complete each day. I've tried to balance them out so it doesn't get too overwhelming. I've also outlined my food for each day as specifically as possible though I have left some of it flexible because as you know, sometimes things just come up. I've also included my lesson plans etc. for work. Plus, even though my thesis has been written, there are a few tweaks that I have to make so I'll be working on as well as my presentation for the conference in Mexico.

Lots to do, but I'm looking forward to getting back into some sort of routine and seeing all these tasks crossed off my to-do list, one by one!




1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love that image - sometimes that's exactly what it feels like... a list with 50 things on it, and the only thing I've got done is making the list!

    Nice to feel like you're finally getting tasks taken care of, hey?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)