Saturday, February 2, 2013

Prep Day

Saturdays seem to be my prep day for the week - to-do & lists done, menu planned, clothes sorted, laundry folded, lessons planned, and so on.

Before kickboxing tonight I made the mistake of telling my trainer Marc that Wednesday's class wasn't as intense as it usually was ... so he took it upon himself to kick my ass. It felt great, but boy am I spent!

Yesterday's day of rest definitely did me some good. Although it sucks that the weekend is over, I think I'm ready for the week ahead.

Today's Workout
MMA training: Cardio Kickboxing @ ClubFit (1 1/2 hours)
Stretching: 15 minutes
Burpees: 60 {challenge total 1,060/20,130}

Today's Food
Breakfast: Banana & coffee
Lunch: Leftover vegetables in coconut sauce with some of last night's fish
Dinner: Homemade chili
Snack: 2 dates


5 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:51 PM

    Good to hear you are feeling better. A day of rest is always a good idea. Your workout sounds pretty intense and your body needs time to recuperate from it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI PlumPetals - I suppose the trainer had a 75% day. Then you pointed it out to him so he had to make sure you got your money's worth the next workout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our Saturdays are usually filled with grocery shopping and other fun things like laundry and cleaning. Feels good to get things done though. Glad you are feeling better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it is wonderful that you are healthy enough to complain about the trainer not working you hard enough. So funny!

    :-) Marion

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post sounds like you are feeling better! Recently, I started working with a trainer because I don't push myself hard enough. He gets the job done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)