Even though Jessee has discontinued Friday Five, I think it's a great way for me to catch up on what's been going on.
1) Whole Life Challenge: I've completed my second round of the Whole Life Challenge. I'm quite pleased with how I did.
2) Nutrition Studies: I completed my Specialist in Fitness Nutrition final exam and scored 90% for the course. I'm ready to practice now! I'm very, very excited about this. New business cards coming up soon - what do you think?
3) Next Goal: Become a Personal Trainer
I've wanted to become a personal trainer for several years. Although I know I could have done it, I didn't feel like I had the body to do it, hence I did not have complete confidence in my ability to deliver 'the entire package.' I think I am much, much closer to doing that now. So, because I like to stay busy, busy, busy (plus I need to maintain my normal level of hectic-ness) I've signed up for the ISSA Personal Trainer certification. The course I've enrolled in is 8 months long. I'm really hoping that by the end of those 8 months I'll have reached my goal weight and have the complete confidence to go forward as a personal trainer. (Sorry about the blurry image.)
4) Training: For the past week and a half I've been training in a new fitness studio that has two big boxing bags and a bunch of other equipment that I can use for my kickboxing practice. I love it! I'm getting in 3-4 hours of practice a week which is the minimum I want to do.
5) My motivation for the week: I'm 9 kg away from my goal weight. I really have to put my head down and just do it. I've been working hard. The progress is slow but steady. I have to remember that no matter how frustrating it may all be, the patience and persistence are worth it.