Saturday, April 20, 2013

Something's Gotta Give

I'm glad that when I had to change up my routine today I didn't panic or get angry - well, I was a bit irritated that one of the reasons I had to change my plans was because I had a ton of grading to do -- but   this is how things go sometimes, right?

Anyway. I had a good yoga session on the beach this morning. I'm gaining more and more control with my headstand.


Attempting a headstand on my own


I then went to RPM class. Although I am enjoying the class I'm thinking of changing it up. I don't think I'm pushing myself as much as I could. I think I'll get better results on the cross-trainer or the treadmill/running outdoors. I'll see what I can do.


I couldn't make it to CrossFit unfortunately, but I had a really productive afternoon. As the title of this blog post says - Something's Gotta Give!

Trying to figure out how I'm going to fit everything into my day is tough! I just gotta take it one day at a time. Being busy makes it ever so much more important to make sure my food is on point and that whatever time I do spend at the gym counts.

Today's Food
Breakfast #1: 2 dates, 1 T peanut butter
Breakfast #2: fresh fruit salad
Lunch: shrimp avocado salad
Snack: 1/2 cup coconut Greek yogurt
Dinner: Grilled salmon with steamed carrots and broccoli
Snack: Papaya & 1/2 oz. dark chocolate

Today's Exercise
Yoga (1 hour)
RPM (1 hour)




1 comment:

  1. Hi A! Nice headstand! Once you do a bent leg one like that, the straight leg ones are pretty easy. Then comes all of the leg variations. :D

    :-) Marion

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)