Monday, September 19, 2011

Blaming it on the Baseline & FMM

I finished my workout 2.5 hours ago and I'm still feeling a bit shaky ...

Today's goal was to repeat the Challenge workout I did before I traveled to measure how much strength/stamina I may have lost/gained (or maintained) over the past month.

Just like last time, the goal was to see how many reps I could do within two minutes.
Here are the results:

Exercise

KG

8/17/11

9/19/11

Squats

15

65

92

Push-ups

bw

25

40

Seated row

20

60

80

Step up

5

45/leg

50/leg

Prone jackknife

bw

40

50



I was very pleased to see an improvement in all the exercises.
The squats weren't difficult, but after about 1 1/2 minutes I slowed down in order to maintain form. The push ups --- 40 is awesome, but I'm sure I should have been going deeper. They're so damn tough! The seated row wasn't a problem except for the last 15 or so ... keeping the same momentum and watching my posture started to become challenging. To my surprise I really struggled with the step ups. I don't know if it's because my legs were tired from the squats, but after the first 20, my pace dropped WAY down ... not easy at all! Finally, prone jackknives. I did them in 3 goes: 20/20/10 ... I'm happy with that. They're still a very challenging exercise, but I'm very pleased with how far I've come with the jackknives.

I had wanted to do some cardio after the weights, but I was too knackered. So aside from my warm-up 15 minutes of cardio, I just focused on strength training today. I'll be doing Challenge B either on Wednesday or Thursday ...

Before I sign off, Kenlie's FMM this week is about charity. I didn't write a post specifically about it today, but I've linked up to a post a wrote a few years ago from my other blog (where I write about general stuff not focused on fitness).

That's all from me. Gotta get to work!

2 comments:

  1. Considering most people gain weight and slack off while they travel, I think you should be really proud that you managed to improve on each exercise. Keep up the great work. You're doing awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great improvement on your exercises! I'm just starting to add strength to my routines - I'm all about the cardio! I can't do a single pushup, never mind 40. My goal is to be able to do 10 good ones by Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)