Thursday, September 22, 2011

Baseline Test Part 2

The first baseline test totally wiped me out. Me legs and torso have been unbelievably sore! I had to take 2 days off just to recover.

Today I went in to complete the second set of exercises so that I could compare my reps with what I completed back in August. Here are the results:


Exercise

KG

8/18/11

9/22/11

Dead lifts

30

30

45

Shoulder press

5

45

54

Lateral pull

34.05

30

30

Lunges

6

50/leg

69/leg

Swiss ball crunch

bw

75

85



Again, I'm pleased that I was able to improve on all the exercises except for the lateral pull. I really found myself struggling with that exercise.

It's tough for me to say this, but I think I'm going to take the next week off from weights. I wanted to start Phase 2 of the NROL4W program this week, but I am just way too tense about finishing up my thesis. It's due on the 30th ... not much longer to go. I really need to make that a priority. I'm not too worried about cardio because, like I realized this past Saturday, I can work in cardio at home without having to stress over driving to the gym etc. So, I'm straying from my original plan, but it's what I need to do for myself right now.

4 comments:

  1. Great job on the improvements, that is awesome! And you know what, taking some time off from weights may actually be a benefit! When you are completely rested from a week or two off, the body can come back stronger than ever for that 100% effort.
    Keep up the great work!
    Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could learn to love weights... I hope I will some day. I'm trying, I know I need them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!!!! See, strength training is the way to go :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job!!!!! Getting stronger day by day :) Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)