Friday, September 2, 2011

Bristol Walk Take 2

Originally I had planned on going to the gym this morning, but seeing that sessions at the conference started at 9:00 a.m. and my hotel is half an hour away, I decided against it and just headed to the conference. I'm kinda glad I didn't go because the walk to the first session was long enough - I'm talking up 4 flights of stairs and then through endless hallways ... this campus is huge and the building that the conference is being held in seems endless. What's worse is when you're attending a session in building 1 and the next session you want to attend is on the 4th floor in the 4th building at the furthest point from where you are (which happened to me twice today!). Anyway. The distances between sessions and the lack of time to get from one session to another was irritating for all the delegates ... still, I sure did get a bit of a workout. At least my bag was lighter today and I was wearing 3-inch wedges - much better than yesterday!

I decided to take the bus back to the City Center today and attempt the walk again, only this time I was going to try a different route - not as hilly as yesterday though a bit longer since I'd have to take a bit of a roundabout way to get to the hotel. In any case, I managed to finish the walk faster (lighter bag, lower heels!) and it was definitely nowhere near as painful as yesterday! Still, by the time I got back to the hotel (just after 6 pm) I was totally knackered and knew that I definitely would not be checking out the hotel gym ...

Now, to figure out what to have for dinner. Always a dilemma ... but more about food in another post. It's time to get some rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)