Sunday, September 18, 2011

Veggie Scramble - Quick Lunch

Another day spent at my desk trying to get some work done ... needed something quick and easy (and filling) for lunch, so I decided on a veggie scramble.


Ingredients:
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic (minced)
1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
4 mushrooms (diced)
1 cup frozen vegetables (I used mixed cauliflower, broccoli, and carrots)
1/3 cup egg whites
1 tablespoon of medium salsa

Directions:
1) Heat oil in a non-stick pan
2) Add minced garlic, cumin, and a splash of water
3) Add diced mushrooms and thawed mixed vegetables -- cook for 3-4 min
4) Add egg whites - let it stand for 20-30 seconds
5) Add salsa and then scramble

Nutritional info (1 serving)
230 calories
18 g. protein
28 g. carbohydrates (9 g. fiber)
4.4 g. fat (0.5 g. saturated fat)

It was quick, easy, and very filling!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)