Sunday, March 18, 2012

Getting Back on Track

I cautiously stepped on the scale this morning - nervous about what number I would see, particularly after my 3 days in Bahrain. While I didn't overindulge while I was there, I definitely ate things that were not in my usual pattern. I didn't measure my food. I didn't track my calories - I just had to try and make safe choices and hope for the best.

I was happy to see a 1.5 lb loss from last week.

I think all my time at the gym pre-travel helped me out with that. I didn't exercise while I was away. In fact, I spent most of my time lounging around -- it was some much needed R&R!

Today's workout was really mild. I just wanted to make sure that I got to the gym. It's always a bit tough getting back into a routine after traveling (or just a break in normal daily patterns), but my leg is still worrying me.

It really hurts. I spent most of the past 3 days resting my leg, but it hurts even to step down now. The treadmill, even at a slow pace, is out of the question. Ironically the cross-trainer doesn't strain my leg as much. Perhaps it's because I'm not actually stepping down but rather only moving my legs ... as I've mentioned in previous posts, stretching, particularly leg extensions, really helps me out too ... but overall, I'm uncomfortable all the time now.

So, after the trainers at the gym saw me limping across the room they said that it was time - particularly because I obviously wasn't giving it enough rest.

Tomorrow I'll go to the doctor and see what he has to say. I hate going to doctors. I am absolutely petrified that he's going to tell me that I won't be able to workout for a few days/weeks ... but I also know I can't go on like this.

We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)