Thursday, March 15, 2012

NROL4W - Phase 4 Complete

Short blog post as I'm getting ready for a weekend trip away -- I cannot wait to get out of here and just let my hair down and relax.

So, the main update -- I finished Phase 4 of NROL4W!

My main obstacle has been my thigh injury. It still hurts pretty bad -- so I'm taking the next 3 days off (which works coz' I'll be out of the country) to just rest it up and ice it down --- hopefully it'll feel better by the time I get back. If not ... I may have to go see a doctor, but I really hope it doesn't come to that!

Anyway. As a result of this injury there were a few exercises I struggled with -- particularly lunges and the single-leg squat for my left leg. I'm having trouble balancing on my left leg. I just feel a great amount of strain on my thigh muscle ... so, as I said, a bit of rest will do it good.

Other than that, I think I did pretty good on my weights. I didn't see as much improvement in terms of heavier lifting in all the exercises as in the past ... for example, the YTWL shoulder raises -- that's a total of 24 shoulder raises x 3 sets ... I started off with 5 kg/hand and really struggled to complete 24 in a row, so I dropped it down to 4 kg/hand and it was much better ... My form was good, it was challenging but not crazy tough. By the end of the month I was able to go back to 5 kg/hand -- the last reps were still a bit tough. So, only a 1 kg difference, but definitely improvement in strength in terms of completing the exercise with good form.

The other exercise I really struggled with is the wide-grip lat pull. Pulling at 41 kg is fine, but the jump up to 48 kg (nothing in between) was tough. I still haven't perfected it ... but I'll keep working on it!

In any case, I know it's not about the final number. It's about doing it right -- and I can definitely say that I have concentrated on making sure I complete each exercise to the best of my ability.

So here are the numbers:

Workout A:

Feb. 12, 2012

Mar. 12, 2012

One-armed dumbbell snatch

6 kg

each hand

10 kg

each hand

Dumbbell single-leg Romanian deadlift

7 kg

each hand

10 kg

each hand

Barbell bent-over row

15 kg

35 kg

Dumbbell single-arm overhead squat

4 kg+8 kg

5 kg+10 kg

Dumbbell incline bench press

7 kg

each hand

12.5 kg.

each hand

Plank (90 sec)

bw

bw

Reverse wood chop

8 kg

18 kg


Workout B:

Feb. 14, 2012

Mar. 14, 2012

Barbell Romanian deadlift

25 kg

45 kg

Partial single-leg squat

5 kg

10 kg/hand

Wide-grip lat pull

41 kg

48 kg

Back extension

41 kg

72 kg

YTWL

4 kg/hand

5 kg/hand

Swiss ball crunch

100

150

Prone jackknife

12

35

Lateral flexion

24

30

Prone cobra

18

30


After returning from Bahrain I'll probably take a week off from the program to change up my routine a bit before getting into Phase 5.

Will blog when I get back!

Ciao!



1 comment:

  1. Have a wonderful trip, will look for an update when you get back!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)