Saturday, March 24, 2012

Planning Ahead


I just spent the last hour fixing up my workouts and meals for the upcoming week. It'll definitely be a challenge as I have quite a lot of work (as well as errands) plus a number of social engagements - always a trap for excessive calorie intake. It's going to be a challenging week ... In any case, I hope that I will be able to stick to my plan of attack and actually lose a pound or two this week.

My leg is feeling better, but still not 100% -- very frustrating! I haven't gone to Zumba class in 2 weeks now, and I really want to get back into the class. I just know that I'm not ready at the moment - too many sudden movements shifting direction that will add strain to my quads - but hopefully I'll be ok by Tuesday. Fingers crossed!

Today I had a good 35 minute warm-up on the cross-trainer and then went up to RPM class. I definitely had to watch myself on the power climbs, but I managed to complete the class successfully and work up a terrific sweat.

I can't wait to get back to feeling normal again ... I never thought I'd say this, but I actually miss doing lunges and squats -- they just make you feel so strong! One more week before I can do them, so this upcoming week I'm focusing a lot on upper body strength training plus whatever cardio I can manage without straining my legs. Although it's not my ideal workout, a change in routine is always good - keeps the muscles guessing!

2 comments:

  1. Love the comic! I agree ;)
    Imagine missing lunges and squats, I totally get what you mean :D Greatest feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so sick of my thumb injury!!! I haven't lifted for 2 weeks and, further, really can't do much of anything because if I just bump my thumb wrong, it hurts. So I really understand what you're saying about just wanting to feel normal again. I hope we both heal quickly.

    :-) Marion

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)