Friday, March 30, 2012

Getting Ready for the New Week

Yesterday I spent ages fixing up my workout chart for Stage 6 of NROL4W. I can't wait to start the program on Sunday! This stage seems really focused on strength building -- for example, for the first week it's 2 sets of 10, followed by 2 sets of 8 next week etc. The goal is to really push your muscles to lift heavier. I remember back when I started Stage 1 I didn't think that the few reps/exercises per day wouldn't be enough ... but slow and steady progress through the stages has definitely proved that it is effective. I am much stronger, and I definitely see the changes in my body in terms of tone/shape ... so, slow, steady, consistent progress with 100% effort is definitely the way forward.

Today I fixed up my menu for the upcoming week, and hopefully tomorrow I'll get to the grocery store to make sure I've got everything I need in the house ... I've got another busy, busy week ahead, and I know that not planning ahead can lead to terrible food choices.

As for my workouts for today ... even though I didn't get to see the doctor yesterday and have him give me the A-ok to resume my normal routine, I thought that since my leg has been feeling better since Tuesday that I could go ahead with my workouts. So, I warmed-up and then headed to Body Pump class. It was a good class. I used light weights (7 kg + bar) for my squats and lunges; I also lightened the load on the bar by 1 kg for the tricep and chest (9 kg + bar). Since I already did 3 weights workouts this week I just wanted to focus on my form during Pump. I think I made the right choice. I felt great throughout the class. My form was great. I felt strong and didn't falter once during any of the exercises - which sometimes happens when I lift heavier weights. Anyway. It was great. Our instructor will be on vacation until the 13th so I don't know if I'll do another pump class until she gets back ... but we'll see. It all depends on how Stage 6 feels.

After Body Pump, I went up to my locker, changed my t-shirt, and put on my Zumba shoes --- Finally!! Back to Zumba class. I haven't been to class since the beginning of this month so it felt amazing! There were lots of new routines, but I fell right into the swing of things and loved every second of it :)

I don't think I realized how exhausted I was until I got home, had lunch (some quinoa with veggies), and lay down on the couch ... and woke up almost 2 hours later! I don't usually nap, but obviously I was exhausted and totally needed the rest. I definitely felt much better afterwards. Gave me the energy I needed for a fun night out with my girlfriends.

It's been a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)