Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A Blur

If I think back to today, I can barely remember what I did. How does that happen?

I just feel like, once again, I'm on auto-pilot - just moving forward and trying to get things done. I was hoping that this year was going to be more about feeling and really living my life not just being carried along ... but once again, that's the position I find myself in. Will it ever be different or will I always be living task to task? It's frustrating.

Even today's CrossFit session is a blur to me (I must be exhausted). It was a good session. I wanted to be there, but I guess I just felt mentally exhausted, which definitely had an impact on my physical performance.

Our strength skill today was a front squat. Getting my hands in the proper position was the first challenge. I just couldn't get comfortable having my elbows so far up. We did several sets, and my max (new PR) was 50 kg (110 lbs). It's going to take some practice to get used to the position.

I feel like I'm a week behind on this challenge because today I did a new exercise - tire flips! OMG that tire is heavy but damn you feel powerful when you lift that thing up and drop it over! :)




2 comments:

  1. WOW!! Flipping a tire would be so freaking awesome!!
    What is a front squat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A) your hamstrings in this are HOT!

    B) Please read The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster. It helped me when I felt like I was only living from point A to point B and the in between. :) And it's funny.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)